Sunday, January 08, 2006

Why Read Blogs



I am a late comer to the so-called blogosphere. I can't believe I just said that word. *sigh* But here I am, since July 2005, blogging away about my favorite yogurt and my poor suicidal cat. But in the last couple months, I've really started exploring what else is out there, and its much less scary than one would imagine. Oh sure, ther's Mullet Hunters and CatNews, but you'll also find such tasty delights at Better Living Through Design, Gizmodo, DesignSponge, 101 Cookbooks and BlogHungry to name a very, very few (visit Weblogs.com to see just how many). None of these look like anything I've ever seen while hitting the "next blog" button at the top of this page. I even nominated 3 Quarks Daily for a Bloggie Award (to be held at SXSW in my own hometown of Austin.) Post a comment here about your faves.

In an attempt to entertain family and friends yet satisfy my own long repressed journalistic urges, I am trying to dial down the vanity photo diary and increase the original and/or whimsically useful content. I promise essays, recipes, tirades, funny anecdotes and, of course, pet photos. And, like every blog worth its pixels, a 2006 Gift Guide come holiday time. Those of you who are regularly interested in my meanderings may now subscribe via email (see right). Or you can catch my RSS feed, and others, via aggregators like Bloglines and NewsGator to manage all of your feeds. Check them out and start learning why USA Today technology columnist Kevin Maney says 2006 will be "The Year of RSS."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home