Thursday, February 09, 2006

hello!

My productivity has flagged, dear readers, for a couple reasons propelling me back to the dark ages a) a faulty home router for the DSL and b) OS9, yes that's right, OS9! at work - a situation that will be remedied in the next several days.

I've been compelled out of radio silence (buying time on a TMobile hot spot at Starbucks) for a couple reasons. First among them, I found out that Debra, a kickass Brooklynite friend (and friend of The Brooklynite) has faithfully read my erratic musings for the last 6 months. Word!

The other reasons are there's so much going on in the world! Among other newsworthy items, I have a new job at The Week magazine, a veritable Zagat guide to the past week on Planet Earth. It's the end of my fourth day as photo editor and it seems, refreshingly at this point, like working in a library. There are dozens of periodicals strewn around a big central table and we all sit in one large room, the sound of typing only occasionally interrupted by banter. My brain feels a bit like it's been doing yoga - and no more pain in my neck from grasping the phone between ear and shoulder.

The other fantastic newsy bits are that we've been liberated, officially, from both the myth that more money makes you happier and that low-fat diets reduce the risk of certain diseases. Pass the butter, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home